Thursday, October 28, 2010

Yesterday I noticed that I was not receiving Channels 22-1 & 22-2. These are very local stations affiliated with MyNetworkTV & COOLTV. I checked the antenna charts and I believe that a water tower is between my house and their antenna. I still should be receiving their signal though so I checked my Radio Shack in-line amplifier by disconnecting it and found out that it is not working. That means that all the channels that I have been receiving are from the antenna signal only with no amplification.

I ordered a new power amplifier/splitter from Amazon made by PCT and it should be here by the weekend. Hopefully it will help pull in channels 22-1 & 22-1.

The combination amp/splitter will mean that I can eliminate the splitter that I have now for a cleaner and less signal loss connection to our 4 TV's.

I'll post an update when I have it set up.



Also, the Verizon DSL modem/wireless router came last Tuesday. I'm waiting for Sean to come over this weekend to help me install it. He's much better than I am at software/hardware installations.


No comments:

Post a Comment