Friday, November 5, 2010

DVR and WPMY Update

I received the DTVPal DVR a couple of days ago. Connecting it up via HDMI was simple and the on-screen guide to set it up was very intuitive. Works like a charm! For anyone using a DVR you know the benefits of using one. Pausing "Live" TV, On-Screen Channel Guide and recording multiple programs while watching another to name just a few.
Here's a sample screen shot of what the On-Screen Program Guide looks like.


Receiving channel 22.1 & 22.2 has been quite a challenge. So far no luck. I did find out a lot about the stations. They share the Ch. 53 WPGH antenna tower but "beam" their signals in different directions. I have no trouble picking up ch. 53 WPGH as their signal is directed North toward my location but ch. 22 WPMY is directed mostly South and West. That probably accounts for my not receiving them but still the antenna array is located only a few miles from my house. I'm going to try to redirect my antenna to point directly at them this afternoon and see if that does the trick. Hopefully I will not lose too much of ch. 4 WTAE signal as that is where it is pointed now.
Check out the the images of the antenna patterns that I found and also the antenna array of WPGH & WPMY. They call it a "field goal" antenna tower. Each station broadcasts from one of the top sections.


No comments:

Post a Comment